What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services allow business to concentrate on their core business activities and forget about the hassle of looking after their computer systems. The service provided will vary depending on the Managed Service Provider and the client requirements. However regardless of the actual service provided the goal remains the same.
Provide cost effective IT Services to business owners, so that they can spend their valuable time running their business rather than working on computer systems.
Most business outsource an element of their business services, where they have a specialist requirement but do not need to employ full time experts. Typically this includes services like:-
- Human Resources
- Marketing Lead Generation
IT is a Business Service, like any of the services above.
When Businesses need Managed IT Services
Most businesses go through the different phases of development where they use services differently.
- Start-up – Do everything themselves to keep costs down
- Initial Growth – Business Owners don’t have enough hours in the day
- Consolidation – Focused on making sure the business delivers the right services to the right customers
- Expansion & Acquisition – How to grow the business and increase profitability
The time when businesses will typically engage a Managed IT Services Company is during the Growth phase, when they realise that they no longer have the time to do everything and need to start delegating some functions of the business. At this point they don’t need full time IT people, but they will typically need more expertise than they have themselves. If the Managed IT Services Company does a good job for their client and demonstrate the value of Managed IT Services they will also be able to help in the subsequent phases of the business.
What do Managed IT Services Provide?
Most Managed IT Services companies will list the features of their service. i.e. The things that they do
- Patch Management
- Fault Resolution
- VoIP Telephony
Most Business Owners don’t think in terms of the features that Managed IT Services companies provide, they will however know they things that their business needs in order to survive and grow.
- Data Security – We need access to every document and email we have ever created, sent or received; even if the building burns down.
- Our computers must always work, regardless of what happens or where they are
- Fault Resolution – If something does go wrong, we need it fixed as soon as possible – preferably without interrupting the working day
- HelpDesk – If we don’t know how to do something we want someone to provide some advice and guidance
- VoIP Telephony – How can I let employees work from home, without:-
- Loosing touch with the office
- Costing the company a lot of money
- It being difficult for clients to contact them
As a Small Business Owner they also need to keep an eye on budgets and cash flow, so ideally want all of the above for a fixed monthly fee regardless of how many times the HeldDesk is called or how many times files need to be restored.
Next Steps for Small Business Owners into Managed IT Services
If your business has reached the point where you need some help with computers and Managed IT Services can help your business to grow then you need to contact a Managed IT Services Company to discuss how they can help your business.
If you are in the UK and like the sound of Managed IT Services for your Owner Managed Business then contact SystemAssure and see how we can help. Either click on the SystemAssure link to go to our website or click on the Call-Me-Now button below and enter your, UK, phone number and we will call you right back.
Click on the Call-Me-Now Icon, on the left, and enter your, UK, phone number and we will call you right back to discuss your requirements. At the same time you will hear the quality and flexibility of a hosted VoIP phone system. Call-Me-Now is a standard part of the Voiplicity phone system, so is something that you will be able to do on your website with just a few mouse clicks.
Go ahead and find out more about Managed IT Services, today.