IT Asset Management Pack for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010
Provance have recently announced version 1.1 of their successful IT Asset Management MP for Microsoft Service Manager.
What does the IT Asset Management Pack do?
The Provance IT Asset Management Pack is a Process Management Pack that runs within Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 to provide Software and IT Asset Management. The supplemental capability provided by the Provance IT Asset Management Pack allows Microsoft System Center customers to take control of IT costs, improve IT Service Management efficiency and reduce security and compliance risks.
The Management Pack extends Microsoft System Center Service Manager with additional functionality to manage the financial, contractual and organisational information necessary to support Software Asset Management, License Compliance, IT Asset Life Cycle Management, and more cost-effective and efficient IT Service Management.
What is New in the IT Asset Management MP from Provance?
Highlights include of version 1.1 of the IT Asset Management Pack include:
- Support for the new Microsoft System Center Service Manager Authoring Console, which allows you to create new or modify existing data, forms and automated workflows that work with the Provance IT Asset Management Pack
- Export of data to CSV files from Views and Searches for viewing and manipulation in Excel
- Editing of multiple hardware or software assets
- Enhanced financial management including tracking of hardware asset cost events and currency conversion against specified base rates
- New views of relationships between hardware, software, contracts and users
- Assignment of software purchases and software license keys to specific users and hardware assets
- Additional reports for forecasting, reconciliation and time-based trending
IT Asset Management Pack – Evaluation Download
You can find more details of the IT Asset Management Pack for Service Manager on the AKCSL website, where you can download your free evaluation copy.